Big shifts happening in the sky are having everyone on earth affected in one way or another. The Gemini super new moon that occurred on June 13th is just the beginning. I don’t know about you, but I feel it for sure. This astrological shift is beckoning us to release what no longer serves us so we can reach our highest purpose. Sometimes that means pinpointing the parts of our lives that no longer serves us and letting go. Other times it means creating a ritual that serves your soul. What is it you love to do? Not what you used to love, but no longer feels right. What is calling to you now? Quiet your mind, cleanse your energy, and allow your soul to speak to you.
It’s not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving.
I speak about these things as if I’ve mastered them, but to be honest it is quite the opposite. I write about these things because I need to work on them myself. My thought is if I get it out into the universe, and allow others to start thinking about it to, it will manifest. So when I say this shift in the cosmos is beckoning us to release something for the higher good, I am speaking to myself first.
We all have a mask we put on; a facade we have created of ourselves. Sometimes this mask is a good reflection of our true self, but often times it is completely foreign. By wearing this mask for so long, we have forgotten our authenticity, our truest self. During this new moon, and over the course of the next 6 months I’d like to remove that mask. I would like to release the layers upon layers I have created to hide my authenticity. I would like to let go of what no longer serves me; the things deep down I know are not doing me any good. Are you with me?
Sometimes we must let go of who we thought we were to make room for who we truly are.
If I am being honest with you, it has been a tough time for me recently. Trying to figure out who I really am; who I really want to be. Part of me is fighting this inevitable change, trying to keep the layers, the mask in tact. But deep down I know this is a losing battle. The parts of me I thought I was are withering away, leaving me raw and unfiltered. Being human, we hate change. So my biological self is screaming to remain the same. This is comfortable. This is normal. But my spirit. Oh my spirit has another plan in mind. And in the end, the spirit is what wins. We must let go and allow it to guide us.
What I would like to propose is the practice of letting go. Let us let go of the construct we have built for ourselves. Let go of the mask and the layers we have created to hide our true nature. It is time to release that which we know does not benefit us to make room for our authenticity to blossom. This is all good sounding, but how? I need instructions on how to do this, a plan.
I’ve created a list of things we can all do to strip away this mask. To quiet the hustle and bustle of our minds to listen to our intuition and guidance. By the way, I am making this all up. This is not a tried and true method of awakening your spirit or finding your authenticity. It just feels right to me. If it feels right to you, allow yourself to follow along. Shall we get started?
1. Upon waking, do something that nourishes your soul and cleanses your energy. Some ideas:
- drink a large glass of water
- meditate for as long as you’d like
- go for a walk in nature
- write your dreams in a journal
2. Every day commit to getting outside, leaving your phone, and grounding yourself. This may look like:
- taking a walk around the house barefoot
- going into the woods and sitting quietly in the forest
- meditate in a lush field of green grass
- finding a park (if in the city) or quiet place to stretch, read, write, draw, paint, etc.
3. Take time to do what you love. This will vary drastically from person to person, but here are some ideas:
- doing yoga
- making art
- playing with your kids
- reading a book
- cleaning the house
- go camping
4. Feed your body well. There are so many theories about what is good and not good to eat. All in all, here are some basics:
- eating a variety of different vegetables and fruits
- nourishing your gut with probiotics and fermented food
- enjoying plenty of healthy fats
- limiting your sugar intake
- getting good quality, grass-fed dairy and meat (if you eat)
- drink plenty of water
5. Practice self-love.
- take a long bath at the end of the day
- read a good book
- go to sleep with the sun
- take a technology break
- wake up earlier to practice yoga or meditate
- enjoy a cup of nourishing tea
There are a lot of great things in the lists I’ve created above. Pick some to practice every day. You don’t have to do it all, or any if none of these resonate with you. But do something you enjoy. Do the things that call to you, and do them on a daily basis. Change will not happen if we do the same things over and over again. Our soul beckons us to push through the discomfort that is holding us back. If we can nourish our bodies and our souls with love, we will grow into our authenticity. And you’ll be surprised to see, perhaps these masks we’ve been holding on to so tightly, these layers we thought were glued to us forever, will come loose and fall away once and for all.